Numthip Chitravas, MD, is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, neuromuscular medicine, and epilepsy. After completing medical school and internship in Thailand, Dr. Chitravas was a stroke research fellow at the National Stroke Research Institute in Victoria, Australia, after which she returned to Thailand to complete a residency in neurology. She then began studies at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, where she completed an internship, neurology residency (serving as chief resident), neuromuscular fellowship, and epilepsy fellowship.Dr. Chitravas is a contributing author to a number of chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals. She has also presented on neuromuscular-related topics at various international conferences. Her areas of interest are medically refractory epilepsy and congenital and acquired neuromuscular disorders, including muscular dystrophy, myopathy, myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, cervical and lumbar radiculopathies, and peripheral neuropathy.
- Doctor of Medicine: Mahidol Univ.-Ramathibodi Hospital
- Professional Education: Mahidol Univ.-Ramathibodi Hospital
- Internship: University Hospital Case Medical Center
- Residency: University Hospital Case Medical Center
- Fellowship: University Hospital Case Medical Center